# Management Team
Our management team has over 80 years of combined experience in mobile, technology, geo-location, telecom, IVR, and marketing. Along the way, we gained a deep understanding of what it takes to successfully build mobile applications for consumers in North America.
CEO & Co-Founder
As co-founder, Nick started CellWand when #TAXI was just an idea on a napkin, and as CEO today, he still drives the strategic direction of the company. Combining his 15+ years of web and mobile experience, with his considerable marketing and sales talents, Nick has been the architect behind the business model and the catalyst behind its growth.
- Before the age of 23, Nick had already started his first two companies.
- Despite being a die-hard Senators fan, we still hang out with him. Sometimes.
- Nick was diagnosed with Competitive Personality Disorder at a young age. And still, we (sometimes) hang out with him.
A strategic marketer and business developer, Michael leads #TAXI’s marketing and has built a robust ecosystem of marketing partnerships and initiatives for #TAXI. Michael got hooked on CellWand in 2001 as an investor and advisor and we started sort of liking him so he took on more responsibility starting in 2005.
- Michael started in Packaged Goods, launched a company, ran a DMA award-winning call centre/fulfillment firm and was also a driving force behind Justwhiteshirts.com.
- He loves the blues and will cross state lines for a good jam. Has harmonica and guitar—will travel.
- An expert in fine wines, Michael is known to peruse an entire wine list twice before ordering. (Today, already).
Director Application Development
As our first employee, Rob is in charge of managing and developing our various applications, with a focus on the location-based aspect of our service. He developed the taxi industry’s most detailed spatial geo-location maps.
- Rob sees the world in a series of layered maps.
- Rob is the former World Rock Paper Scissors champion (2003). Seriously.
- An expert fly-fisherman, Rob actually built his own rod, much like a Jedi builds his own …well you know.
Senior Project Manager
With over 40 years of experience in telecom, voice recognition, sophisticated IVR and speech application development, Tony oversees our project management, while lending a considerable hand on the reporting side of the millions of calls to #TAXI.
- Tony was behind the launch of “Emily,” Bell’s speech-enabled customer support persona. While he denies it, we suspect he still has a crush.
- An (alleged) brewer of fine home beers for many years, Tony has yet to offer us even a smidgeon of a sip. This could mean the beer is pretty good. If it really exists.
- Tony’s first paying job was on a horse and cart. Hm.